Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for “Face of Cetaphil Fashion Week in NYC Competition” (“Official Rules”)
By entering into the Cetaphil® Competition, entrants agree to the rules set out below.
- This competition is limited to all residents of RSA, excluding employees of Galderma (“Sponsor”), holding companies and subsidiaries, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (the “Contest”).
- Entrants under the age of 21 we will need to secure consent from a parent or legal guardian to enter.
- To participate in this competition, the participant needs to record a video with their advice on how our Face of Cetaphil SA (Lerato Kgamanyane) shows how to prepare her skin with their favorite Cetaphil products and how they would look for their glamorous runway outfit. The participant would need to post their video on either TikTok or/and Instagram, like and follow @cetaphil_sa and @_leratokgamanyane for TikTok, or/and @cetaphil_southafrica and @lerato_kgamanyane for Instagram and lastly tag all the following hashtags: #FaceOfCetaphilSA # WeDoSkinYouDoFashionWeek #FaceOfCetaphil.
- Participants must enter over the promotional period (15 Jan 2024 to 5 Feb 2024).
- The promotions commence from 15 January 2024 (19:30) until 5 February 2024 (23:59) (the “Contest Period”). No entries received after midnight 5 February 2024 will be considered.
- Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, you (“Entrant”) may enter via Instagram and/or TikTok (“Social Media Platform”), as instructed below (all components submitted will be combined to constitute your “Contest Entry”). Method Of Entry: Using your web-enabled mobile device, ensure you like and are following @cetaphil_southafrica and @lerato_kgamanyane on Instagram and/or @cetaphil_sa and @_leratokgamanyane for TikTok, and post an in-feed video (60 seconds or less ) showing how you get ready for 48-hours of fashion with any of your favorite Cetaphil products, from your skincare and beauty routine using a Cetaphil cleanser or moisturizer, to your most show-stopping fashion looks, including the hashtag #FaceOfCetaphilSA #WeDoSkinYouDoFashionWeek #FaceOfCetaphil to receive one (1) entry into the Contest (your “Contest Entry”). You must have an Instagram and/or TikTok account to enter via Instagram and/or TikTok. If you do not have an Instagram and/or TikTok account, visit www.instagram.com and www.tiktok.com to download the free app. Including #FaceOfCetaphilSA and tagging @cetaphil_sa in a Contest Entry (ie, your post) during the Contest Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules.
Limit one Contest Entry per person per Social Media Platform account; the Entrants must have a non-private Instagram and/or TikTok account to enter via this method; i.e., Contest Entries must be visible in public hashtag searches from time of Contest Entry through time of winner verification. Contest Entries must feature at least one Cetaphil product. All Contest Entry title/caption/text/statement/audio, if included with a Contest Entry, must be in English and/or . In the event a video is longer than 60 seconds only the first 60 seconds of the video will be judged. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
Submitting a Contest Entry constitutes the Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, the Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights the Entrant is granting to use the submission. No information regarding Contest Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed.
- Contest Entry Guidelines: All Contest Entries must adhere to the following Contest Entry Guidelines and these Official Rules of the Contest. Any Contest Entry that does not adhere to these Contest Entry Guidelines or the requirements set forth in these Official Rules is subject to disqualification from the Contest:
- Contest Entry may not contain, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion:
- Content that includes, phrases, trademarked material or other third-party materials.
- Content that promotes any illegal activity; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Personal identification, such as license plate numbers, full names, e-mail addresses or street addresses or other identifying information of any person or entity other than you.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, (including using words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- Content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, and false advertising).
- Content that disparages, slanders, or libels persons or organizations associated with Sponsor or any other brand, company or individual.
- Content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity.
- Contest Entry may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends, business colleagues and family) through any means.
- Any Contest Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Entrants and all submitted Contest Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and the theme of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- The Contest Entry must not contain content created by a third party, such as music, images, or artwork.
- The Contest Entry must not make references to or include alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that are or appear to be dangerous, or any political agenda.
- The Contest Entry must not contain unlawful material, in violation of any governmental, legal, or regulatory requirements nor shall it be contrary to the laws or regulations in any country where the Submission is created.
- The Contest Entry must not disparage Sponsor, Cetaphil or its products or mention any competitive products or any other person or party.
- The Contest Entry must not contain information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- The Contest Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes any third-party rights, including without limitation privacy, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or materials that constitute copyright infringement, and therefore must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor.
- Any Contest Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion or does not adhere to these Official Rules of the Contest, will be disqualified.
- Judging to Determine Finalists and Winners: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by Administrator and the Sponsor based on the following judging criteria: Originality/Creativity (50%); Appropriateness of Skincare and Beauty Routine to Contest (30%); organic engagement metrics including views, likes, shares, comments (10%) adhering to Contest Official Rules (10%). The Administrator and Sponsor will announce the highest judging score to be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner and the next 4 highest scores downwards for prizes 2-5 (ranked based on value of the prize). In the event of a tie, the Finalist Contest Entry that received the highest score for Originality/Creativity will be deemed a potential winner.
Decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- Five winners will be selected from the pool of entrants based on the creativity and quality of the content produced, with consideration on organic impressions and engagement metrics (likes, comments, shares and saves) of the posts.
- There are 5 prizes
- 1. A Night for two at Tintswalo Atlantic, Cape Town (Accommodation, dinner, breakfast and beverages included. Exclusions are: flights, transfers/transport to the venue, room service and mini-bar), and a 6-month supply of Cetaphil products to a total of R2500. (Approx R18K for Tintswalo experience)
- 2. A makeover experience for yourself (a full day makeover experience with a professional consultant covering colour analysis for your best hair, makeup and clothes, figure analysis and style solutions and lunch. Exclusions are: transfers/transport to the venue/consultant, extensions, weaves and/or braids, wardrobe consultations and personal shopping for new wardrobes) and a 6-month supply of Cetaphil products to a total of R2500. (Approx R7,5k for Make-over experience)
- 3. A hot air balloon experience for 2 (Air balloon tickets and breakfast included. The closest air balloon expedition in your region will be selected if possible. Exclusions are: transfers/transport to the venue) and 6 months of Cetaphil products to a total of R2500. (Approx R6,5k for hot air balloon experience)
- 4. Mangwanani Full Day Spa for 2 (Full day spa experience including lunch/snacks as per the package is covered. The closest Mangwanani in your region will be selected if possible. Should Mangwanani not be in the winner’s region, a suitable and equivalent spa will be selected. Exclusions are: transfers/transport to the venue and any additional treatments requested outside of the full day package) and a 6-month supply of Cetaphil products to a total of R2500. (Approx R5k for Mangwanani experience)
- 5. A 6 months’ supply of Cetaphil Products to a total of R2500.
Any tax liabilities arising from participation in the Contest or accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the winners. No substitution or transfer of any prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize, or prize component, for one of equal or greater value. Grand Prize travel must be completed on dates specified by Sponsor.
Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize and no additional transportation or accommodations will be provided. All expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of winner. Any Sponsor approved changes to confirmed travel itinerary, made at winner's request, may result in rebooking fees which will be the sole responsibility of winner. All travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g., passport, visa) prior to departure.
- Entrants comments will be reviewed by a panel consisting of PR and Social agencies, as well as the Cetaphil brand manager at Galderma®.
- The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No substitution or cash redemption of non-cash prizes is permitted. Prizes are not transferable.
- Winners will be contacted on Friday 8 Feb 2024 via TikTok/Instagram and asked for their contact and delivery details. If a winner cannot be contacted within three days of notification, Cetaphil® South Africa and their agency reserve the right to withdraw the prize and draw a replacement winner.
- Winners agree to the use of their names, comments, image and footage to be used in any publicity material without any further compensation.
- Personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TikTok, META or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Cetaphil® and their appointed agency and not to any other party for any other purpose than the administration of this promotion.
- Cetaphil® and any of its associated or subsidiary companies, directors, officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the entrant.
- General Rules: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator/Sponsor (collectively, “Judges”). Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions or failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost, late stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete and/or garbled Contest Entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest. Consequently, Sponsor and its agencies are not liable in the event your Contest Entry, is not captured due to the aforementioned reasons. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Contest Entry or the operation of the Contest, or violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including changes to a Social Media Platform, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and determine the Finalists/winners from Contest Entries received prior to cancellation in accordance with these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (“Contest Entities”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Contest Entry creation (if applicable), the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any related activity. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of prize. None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees. By submitting a Contest Entry, you also represent and warrant that you have the right to submit the Contest Entry to Sponsor. You represent and warrant that the Contest Entry is original, was created by you, and does not contain any material or information whose inclusion in the Contest Entry and/or use by Sponsor in connection with Sponsor’s exploitation of the Contest Entry hereunder would violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or persona, right of privacy or other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or violate any law or regulation. You shall be solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trade secret, right of publicity/privacy rights, or other rights, or any other harm resulting from your uploading, posting, or submission of any Contest Entry to any Social Media Platform and you hereby agree to defend and indemnify the Contest Entities against all third party claims arising out of use of your Contest Entry.
- Release and Grant of Rights: For the good and valuable consideration of participating in the Contest and having your Contest Entry considered for use by Sponsor in the Contest or any of their websites and/or as otherwise detailed below, sufficiency of which, you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant Contest Entities, successors, licensees and agents and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the “Licensed Entities”), a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Contest Entry, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). You also hereby grant to the Licensed Entities an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right to use your name, nickname, username, likeness, biographical information, Contest Entry, Footage, photos/videos and interviews (if applicable) (collectively “Personal Content”), in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of a Contest Entry constitutes your agreement that the Licensed Entities are permitted (but are not obligated) to incorporate the Contest Entry and Footage in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Contest Entry and Footage in all media whether now known or later developed. In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Contest Entry and Footage. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Contest Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Contest Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Contest Entry and Footage, or to be compensated for any such uses. You agree that you shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation or benefit, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, defamation, or right or publicity) arising out of any use of Contest Entry, Footage or Personal Content or any editing, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in partial or composite form, whether or not intentional.
- Full product information on the Cetaphil® range is available from Galderma Laboratories South Africa (Pty) Ltd., Co. Reg. No.: 1996/000311/07, PO Box 71150, Bryanston, 2021. Tel.: (011) 706 2339. www.galderma.com. Final approval date: 01/16/2024
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Galderma Laboratories South Africa (Pty) Ltd., and not to Instagram and/or TikTok.